|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/12||email article||print page|
Oracle Offers Free Trial of Innovative Ksplice Zero-Downtime Updates to Red Hat CustomersAlso Makes Ksplice Zero-Downtime Updates Available for Oracle's Red Hat Compatible Kernel (February 22, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today introduced a 30-day free trial of Oracle's Ksplice zero-downtime kernel update technology for Red Hat Enterprise Linux customers.
- Oracle is the only enterprise Linux provider that can offer zero-downtime updates that enable customers to apply security updates, diagnostic patches and critical bug fixes without rebooting.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux customers can experience the benefit of Ksplice zero-downtime kernel updates for the kernels they have installed today without any system reconfiguration.
- Access the 30-day free Ksplice trial here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle also announced that Ksplice zero-downtime kernel updates for Oracle's Red Hat Compatible Kernel are now available to Oracle Linux Premier Support customers. Zero-downtime updates for Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel have been available since September 2011.
- Additionally, Oracle extended the support lifecycle for Oracle Linux from eight to ten years, further enhancing the industry's most comprehensive and low-cost Linux support program.
- Oracle's Linux support program has distinguished itself from the start by offering more value to customers through lifetime support policies, premier backporting, comprehensive legal indemnification, best practices for deployment, and lower cost.
- "From day one, Oracle has been focused on offering the best Linux for enterprise computing, both from a product and support perspective," said Wim Coekaerts, Oracle senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering. "With the innovative zero-downtime update capabilities delivered through Ksplice, and the extended support lifecycle for Oracle Linux, Oracle continues to set the industry standard for Linux in the enterprise."
- 30-day Ksplice trial for RHEL customers
- Oracle Linux
- Oracle Linux Support
- Oracle and Ksplice
- Oracle Linux Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: products, services, products and services, oracle, Security, Hardware, Unix, Linux, Marketwire, , Other,